The McHenry County Substance Abuse Coalition meets in an effort to address identified substance abuse issues in McHenry County. member represent law enforcement, healthcare professionals, schools, business community, parents, youth, media, religious organizations, volunteer groups, government, those in treatment and recovery, and those organizations that serve people in treatment and recovery.
Changing community attitudes about substance abuse.
The McHenry County Substance Abuse Coalition will mobilize the community to build a unified focus and empower all residents to participate in substance abuse awareness
- Reduce substance abuse in the county
- Increase awareness of and access to services
- Reduce stigma related to addiction
- Change the community social norms that encourage abuse of substances
To achieve our mission, we:
- Collaborate with and unite community members
- Provide information and education to community members
- Support safe activities for our youth
- Network with other community prevention coalitions and organizations on local, state and national levels
- Support policies and practices that promote substance abuse prevention
PEOPLE IN NEED FORUM