Dr. Dan Bertrand, System Director
2200 North Seminary Avenue
Woodstock, Illinois 60098
The McHenry County Cooperative for Employment Education (CEE) continues to coordinate educational and technical preparation programs throughout the greater McHenry County area. We have established lasting partnerships with education professionals and businesses to increase student competencies in critical learning areas and empower students with workplace skills to survive in today's ever-changing technological workplace. Our work has also included the administration of the Elementary Career Development Grant, Agricultural Education Incentive Funding Grant, Elementary Career Awareness Grant, Plastics Education Work-Based Learning Grant and the Perkins II C Grant.
The Cooperative for Employment Education and the Regional Superintendent's Office have been leaders in Illinois' response to the Federal School-to-Work initiative. The McHenry County Education to Careers Consortium has been formed to coordinate and communicate a system of educational experiences leading to employment. These experiences and programs range from those leading to employment after K-12, K-14, or K-16 educational programs to educational experiences or retraining programs designed for any juncture in an adult's employment career.
Towards this goal of initial and continued successful employment, the McHenry County Education to Careers Consortium will work with the citizens, educators, employers, government, and labor officials of McHenry County to:
- encourage healthy and thorough career exploration at early ages in our schools.
- encourage 9-12th grade experiences that extol the dignity of all forms of work, allow exploration of one's own abilities and interest, and provide workplace experiences to assist in realistic field career choices.
- utilize the county college as the focal point for initial, advanced and retraining opportunities or skills needed for successful entry into county-wide employment opportunities.
- utilize the "one stop career center" (Illinois Employment and Training Center) concept as a focus and funneling point of all programs and agencies needed to coordinate employment needs and opportunities for McHenry County residents.
- communicate a clear understanding of all career training, placement and recruitment opportunities available in our county to all our interested publics.