The McHenry County Retired Teachers Association - MCRTA is a local unit of the Illinois Retired Teachers Association - IRTA. It is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organization of retired teachers started in 1960. MCRTA serves the needs and interests of its members through advocacy, cooperation, and socialization. Check out their website at www.MCRTA.org
Renewal will be completed through your online ELIS account. If you have not yet created your account please follow these instructions:
- Log on to www.isbe.net and click on ELIS at the top
- Next screen click through the Educator Access
- Next screen click on "Sign Up Now"
- Next screen complete personal information and submit
When you have gained access to your ELIS account please make sure that you employment status is up-to-date. Do this by:
- Top right hand of page there is a yellow Profile box. Click on the link underneath "Update your PD/employment status"
- Change semesters to correct status
- If using license for subbing or being a paraprofessional click on Exempt if not using your license click on Retired
You will still be required to pay registration fees if you are actively using your license for a position requiring it. If you are no longer using your license, paying of registration fees will no longer be necessary but you do still need to register every 5 years.
The renewal process will begin on April 1 through June 30 of the year of renewal.
- Log into your ELIS account
- On ELIS homepage in Action Center Box click on Renewal
- Follow wizard to renew and pay registration fees if required