Welcome to McHenry County Regional Office of Education. Our mission is to serve the students, teachers and families of McHenry County to ensure ALL children have access to a World Class education.
We at the Regional Office of Education are proud of our work and look forward to the continuing challenge of professional performance. I personally welcome your comments and suggestions on the format and contents of this resource. I hope you find it both informational and useful.
For precautionary measures and following recommendations made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), effective Wednesday, March 18th, the McHenry County Regional Office will be closed to the public. Fingerprinting services will be suspended until further notice. The Regional Office will continue to provide services through telephone and email.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES AND RESOURCES
ISBE is working in partnership with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to ensure we are providing the most current resources and guidance to support Illinois education communities regarding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. Please know that this is a rapidly evolving situation and we will continue to share up-to-date information as it becomes available.
ISBE UPDATES & GUIDANCE
- Joint Statement of the Office of Governor JB Pritzker, Illinois Education Association, Illinois Federation of Teachers, Illinois Association of School Administrators, Illinois Principals Association, and Illinois State Board of Education - March 17, 2020
- ISBE Guidance to Schools on Mandatory Statewide Closures- March 16, 2020
- Guidance on Child Care Centers COVID-19 - IDPH/ISBE - March 16, 2020
- ISBE Guidance to Schools on Mandatory Statewide Closures - March 14, 2020
- COVID-19 Family Letter - March 14, 2020
- Spanish - March 15, 2020
- Message from State Superintendent Dr. Carmen I. Ayala Regarding Statewide School Closures - March 13, 2020
- ISBE Guidance to Schools on Coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- Message from State Superintendent Dr. Carmen I. Ayala -March 12, 2020
- USDA Nutrition Program Meal Service Resources - March 12, 2020
- Unanticipated School Closure Non-Congregate Meal Form
- Letter to School Districts - Travel
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION UPDATES & GUIDANCE
- U.S. ED Office of Civil RIghts: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students - March 16, 2020
- U.S. Department of Education: Impact of COVID-19 on Assessments and Accountability - March 12, 2020
- U.S. Dept. of Education: Q & A on addressing students with disabilities during school closures due to COVID-19- March 12, 2020
- U.S. ED Office of Civil Rights: Safeguarding Student Civil Rights - March 6, 2020
- U.S. Dept. of Education: COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel -March 2, 2020
IDPH/CDC UPDATES & GUIDANCE
- Executive Order 2020-07 includes Open Meetings Act flexibility. - March 16, 2020
- Executive Order 2020-06 exempts schools operated by the Department of Juvenile Justice, State Board of Education or Department of Human Services from EO 2020-05. - March 15, 2020
- Executive Order 2020-05 requires all public and non-public schools to close beginning on Tuesday, March 17 through Monday, March 30. At this time, schools may reopen on Tuesday, March 31. - March 15, 2020
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/McHenryROE
CURRENTLY NO FINGERPRINTING
MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
FRIDAY MORNING 9:00 am - 11:00 am only
Please note: Substitute teachers are required to pay a $50.00 fee, cash only.
Are you interested in obtaining a Substitute Teaching License? Do you have a bachelor's degree?
Please create an account in ELIS:
Request official transcripts be sent to [email protected]
Apply and register your Substitute Teaching License in ELIS.
Apply for positions through the school district's website or through the following link:
License Renewal runs from April 1 through June 30 of the year you are to renew. Check the State Board's website for additional information https://www.isbe.net/renewal If you are up for renewal in 2020 the Regional Office of Education suggests that you DO NOT wait until June. In our experience when there is a high volume of traffic on the website it can be quite difficult to complete your transaction.
To complete this process, log into your ELIS account and on your ELIS homepage click on Renewal located in the Action Center Box. Registration fees must be paid by credit or debit card.
SCHOOL BOARD ELECTIONS
The mission of the Regional Office of Education #44 is to engage youth across McHenry County in schools and educational programs that promote regular student attendance, secure the benefits of best practice professional development, ensure a safe and secure environment for student learning, and assure compliance with the regulations of the school code of Illinois representative of an excellent education essential for success in the world of work and in life.