We continue to look for retired, current, or job-seeking business professionals who would be willing to share their time conducting the following activities:
- One-on-one mock interview sessions.
- Facilitation of an industry-related networking group (i.e., an offshoot of the Network to Success Job Club in a specific industry, such as IT, entrepreneurial, or the green industry).
- Facilitation of our Computer Basics Lab (currently conducted every Friday afternoon), sharing very basic computer knowledge (guiding online job search activities, basic word processing, email set-up, etc.) with fellow job seekers.
Through giving, you can get a lot back!
One-on-One Resume Critiques
Have you gotten good results from your resume? Do you need it critiqued? We have several business professionals available on site to meet individually with Workforce Center customers. Schedule a half-hour time slot by emailing one of those professionals directly. Available times and contact information are shown on our Workforce Network Calendar. What our customers say:
- Was very helpful with great ideas to improve my resume.
- Very knowledgeable - I would definitely recommend it.
- Critique was most informative and useful, after being out of the job market for so long.
- It was excellent - thank you.
- I was able to get a good start on trying to achieve my goal.
- Excellent service - it really helped me focus.
Mock Interview Sessions
Available to you by appointment at the Workforce Center!
Check our Workforce Network calendar for resume critique and mock interview session availability and contact information.
McHenry County Workforce Network provides an array of job search related services for McHenry County residents at the McHenry County Workforce Center. These free services are available to all County residents, 18 years of age or over and authorized to work in the United States, regardless of their employment status. Individuals can access a wide variety of resources to help them find employment, information about skills employers want, or career information.
In the Workforce Center Resource Room, individuals can conduct job search activities utilizing the latest computer technology. Resources available include Internet access, resume and cover letter writing programs, job/employer databases, ability to set up email accounts, and Microsoft Office tutorial software. Job Link and Illinois workNet provide current career information – growth rates, wages, in-depth job descriptions, training requirements, and training provider information. Assessments allow individuals to explore careers of interest.
Resource Room staff is available to help you access the online and tutorial resources you need.
WIOA Training Program Application
Customers interested in applying for our training program can pick up Application Packets in our Workforce Center Resource Room or download documents online. Please follow all directions given in the overview letter before you submit your application.
Visit Illinois workNet for a wide array of career planning and job searching tools!
The McHenry County Workforce Network, is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request accommodations, please contact our Equal Opportunity Officer Peggy Sarbaugh-McNally at email@example.com or (815) 334-2776. All voice telephone numbers may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment by calling TTY (800) 526-0844 or 711