Proven Business Solutions
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of market-proven business services and solutions. Recruitment and outplacement solutions. Employee and workforce training programs. Management and information services. Networking and funding opportunities. In most cases, our services and solutions are available at no cost to you. Certain customized or tailored solutions are available for a nominal fee.
Our Network is Your Network
Our Business Resource Team is your connection to McHenry County's vital, active network of business resources. We're your gateway to community and business development groups who can help you grow. We'll streamline your access to public and private training programs to help you increase efficiency, productivity and employee retention. We can help you locate potential funding and capital resources. And no one can help you understand the dynamics and nuances of the McHenry County labor market the way we can. #McHenryCountyWorks
New Hire Training Opportunities
Would you like to learn how McHenry County Workforce Network can help you offset the cost of training your new hires? Then, please review the following:
- Reimbursement of up to 75% of wages of trainee while in training.
- Prospective New-Hire employees:
- Are currently enrolled in the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act program, through McHenry County Workforce Network.
- Are pre-qualified as work ready.
- Have completed a series of interviews with our employment and training counselors.
- Have completed assessments in reading, math skills and work readiness skills.
- Are in need of additional training to obtain employment within your organization.
- Must be hired as a full-time, permanent employee when the training begins.
Current Worker Training Opportunities
Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) provides employers with a means of working with their current employees who need to improve their skills.
- Hands on training
- Payment to offset training costs
- Opportunity to train employees your way
- Investment in your business
- We help you design a training plan that meets your employee's needs.
- You may get reimbursed up to 100% of the costs of training during the IWT period.
Our years of experience in the development and management of events, programs and seminars help businesses of all sizes take maximum advantage of the county's high-quality labor market.
Customized Labor Market Information (LMI)
- Economic Overview - An overview of a regional economy with data related to jobs, demographics, and social metrics.
- Industry Snapshot - An overview of an industry with data related to jobs, growth, demographics, and more.
- Industry Cluster Identification - A list of industry clusters in a region weighted by industry earnings, growth, LQ shift share, and GRP.
- Workforce Availability - An overview of an occupation with an emphasis toward pitching the data and narrative necessary for a business.
- Talent Supply by Compensation - Measure the available workforce for a given level of compensation and skills matching.
- Impact Scenario - An overview measuring the ripple effects of economic change in the region caused by adding or removing jobs, earnings, or sales.
Other LMI Data available based on your specific needs.
Whether your business is large or small, staff reductions are often necessary and always traumatic. We help both you and your employees make the best of a challenging situation with a variety of practical services, including:
- Employee counseling. Our counselors are available early in the process, helping former employees come to terms with the situation, maintain a positive attitude and plan for searching for and finding a new job.
- Support programs and facilities. Finding a new position or career can take time. We offer a variety of services that support workers throughout their search, including seminars such as resume writing and interview techniques, computer and Internet access, email accounts and more.
- Career transition services. We also offer job seekers assistance in selecting a new career path. Our career fairs help candidates choose new fields, concentrating on those that are growing and offer excellent opportunity. We can help workers get training in new skills at little or no cost, and take advantage of numerous other services that help them until they find a new job.
The McHenry County Workforce Network, is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request accommodations, please contact our Equal Opportunity Officer Peggy Sarbaugh-McNally at [email protected] or (815) 334-2776. All voice telephone numbers may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment by calling TTY (800) 526-0844 or 711