McHenry County Workforce Network is:
- Connected to a strong workforce of trained, reliable job seekers
- Connected to a network of advanced but affordable business services
- Connected to up-to-date, actionable labor market information and insight
- Connected to experienced, talented business professionals and workforce specialists.
New Hire Training Opportunities
- Reimbursement of up to 50% of wages of trainee while in training.
- Prospective New-Hire employees:
- Are currently enrolled in the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act program, through McHenry County Workforce Network.
- Are pre-qualified as work ready.
- Have completed a series of interviews with our employment and training counselors.
- Have completed assessments in reading, math skills and work readiness skills.
- Are in need of additional training to obtain employment within your organization.
- Must be hired as a full-time, permanent employee when the training begins.
Training must be for a growth occupation within your organization, which could be related to the Critical Skills Shortages as identified by the State of Illinois.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of market-proven business services and solutions. Recruitment and outplacement solutions. Employee and workforce training programs. Management and information services. Networking and funding opportunities. In most cases, our services and solutions are available at no cost to you. Certain customized or tailored solutions are available for a nominal fee.
Our Network Is Your Network
We're also your connection to McHenry County's vital, active network of business resources. We're your gateway to community and business development groups who can help you grow. We'll streamline your access to public and private training programs to help you increase efficiency, productivity and employee retention. We can help you locate potential funding and capital resources. And no one can help you understand the dynamics and nuances of the McHenry County labor market the way we can.
Partnership and Advocacy
What could be better than a good business partner? A strong business advocate. At McHenry County Workforce Network, we take our relationships beyond partnership to proactive business advocacy. We'll listen to you, support you, educate you, consult with you and open doors for you. We'll stand by you through good times and not-so-good times. And because we're a not-for-profit, grant-funded organization, your success is our only goal.
Labor Market Services
Our years of experience in the development and management of events, programs and seminars help businesses of all sizes take maximum advantage of the county's high-quality labor market. Services include:
- Recruitment events. We are McHenry County's premier provider of recruitment events, including well-promoted and attended general and targeted job fairs that help employers and job seekers connect.
- Pre-screening. Our pre-screening and referral programs enable businesses to target and interview qualified candidates who possess the exact skills, training and experience you're seeking.
- Labor market information. Our labor market specialists can help you gain valuable market insights through analysis of current statistics and demographics, local and county-wide workforce information, wage and salary tracking and more.
Through our assessment and training services, we not only help increase the quality of candidates for your specific jobs, we help increase the quality of the McHenry County workforce as a whole. Services include:
- Skills assessment. Our counselors assess every job candidate in terms of employment history, basic and advanced work skills and specific job experience and expertise. We also provide both job candidates and employers with access to proven skills-matching databases and services.
- Training programs. We enjoy strong, ongoing relationships with public and private training organizations enabling us to help job candidates improve their skills and value to employers. We can also help your current employees receive training that will improve their productivity and your worker retention rates.
- Custom workforce solutions. As your business advocate, we'll work closely with you to develop and manage custom solutions that specifically address your most crucial business and workforce challenges and your most pressing needs.
Whether your business is large or small, staff reductions are often necessary and always traumatic. We help both you and your employees make the best of a challenging situation with a variety of practical services, including:
- Employee counseling. Our counselors are available early in the process, helping former employees come to terms with the situation, maintain a positive attitude and plan for searching for and finding a new job.
- Support programs and facilities. Finding a new position or career can take time. We offer a variety of services that support workers throughout their search, including seminars such as resume writing and interview techniques, computer and Internet access, email accounts and more.
- Career transition services. We also offer job seekers assistance in selecting a new career path. Our career fairs help candidates choose new fields, concentrating on those that are growing and offer excellent opportunity. We can help workers get training in new skills at little or no cost, and take advantage of numerous other services that help them until they find a new job.
- MCWN Job Posting Form
- Business Services Survey
(These are Word documents; for best results, save to your computer before opening.)
The McHenry County Workforce Network, is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request accommodations, please contact our Equal Opportunity Officer Peggy Sarbaugh-McNally at email@example.com or (815) 334-2776. All voice telephone numbers may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment by calling TTY (800) 526-0844 or 711