The program allows you to make a prepayment towards your property taxes for the next tax year.
In order to participate in advance tax you need to:
- Fill out and sign the Advance Tax Agreement and return it to our office with a check payable to McHenry County Collector by close of business on a date to be determined later. Postmark is not acceptable.
- A separate check and Advance Tax Agreement is required for each parcel.
- You must pay any outstanding balances by the due date. Failure to do so may result in a tax sale on your property.
- The Treasurer and staff offer no information on the tax benefits of this advance tax payment. The property owner should contact a tax professional for this purpose.
- Pre-payment is not recommended if you are selling your home.
- For additional information please review the Advance Tax Agreement. If you have any questions, please call our office at 815-334-4260.
- Please send all payments addressed as follows:
McHenry County Collector
2200 N. Seminary Ave
Woodstock IL 60098