Advance Tax program is available November 1st, 2018 through December 31st, 2018. The program allows you to make a prepay towards your property taxes for the next tax year.
In order to participate in advance tax you need to:
- Fill out and sign the Advance Tax Agreement and return it to our office with a check payable to McHenry County Collector. Checks must be in our office by December 31, 2018. Postmark is NOT acceptable
- A separate check and Advance Tax Agreement is required for each parcel.
- You must pay any outstanding balances by the due date. Failure to do so may result in a tax sale on your property.
- The Treasurer and staff offer no information on the tax benefits of this advance tax payment. The property owner should contact a tax professional for this purpose.
- Pre-payment is not recomended if you are selling your home.
- For additional information please review the Advance Tax Agreement. If you have any questions, please call our office at 815-334-4260.