The Staff Plat Review Committee has the power and authority to review and recommend approval of subdivision plans and plats, and site plans that meet requirements of the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)
The Staff Plat Review Committee has the following powers, pursuant to the Unified Development Ordinance:
- To make final decisions on sketch plans of subdivision
- To make recommendations on preliminary plats of subdivision
- To make recommendations on final plats of subdivision
- To review and make final decisions on site plan review
- To review and make final decisions on technical adjustments.
The voting members of the Staff Plat Review Committee consist of the following County staff:
- Director of the Department of Planning and Development (Chair)
- Zoning Enforcement Officer
- Director of the Division of Transportation/County Engineer
- Director of Environmental Health
- Chief Stormwater Engineer
- Building Enforcement Officer
For subdivision applications, additional non-voting ex-officio members of the Staff Plat Review Committee consist of the following:
- Applicable township highway commissioner(s)
- Applicable fire chief(s)
- Applicable school superintendent(s)
- A representative of the nearest municipality within a one and one-half (1½) mile boundary of subject property or a representative of the municipality within one and one-half (1½) mile boundary of the subject property that is granted planning authority through an approved intergovernmental boundary agreement.
The Staff Plat Review Committee normally meets on the first and third Wednesdays of the month to consider sketches, plats, drawings and reports. The Department of Planning & Development is responsible for coordinating the process, arranging meeting dates and times, and reporting to the Planning & Development Committee the results of the Staff Plat Review Committee.
Staff Plat 2019 Meeting Dates (web page agendas & minutes)