Guidelines for a successful MCSEEP presentation
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE TO YOUR TEACHERS THE FOLLOWING REQUESTS TO HELP US SERVE YOUR SCHOOL BETTER. THIS IS EXREMELY IMPORTANT. THANK YOU!
- Classroom teachers need to remain in the classroom to participate in the presentation.
- It would be helpful if you have one location we could use. (Preferably not a cafeteria due to the noise) This keeps us from having to move from room to room throughout the day. ). A blackboard, DVD player and/or VCR player in the classroom is necessary.
- If scheduling in multiple classrooms, please schedule classes near each other if possible. If you could do all the same grade levels, one right after the other, it would help the teachers so much.
- Please schedule classes at least 10 min. apart, so we will have time to set up for the next class.
- Please do not schedule more than two classes per presentation. One class at a time is best if it can be done.
- Please do not schedule more than 5 sessions per day. The online schedule will only allow 5 classes and no exceptions will be made. Call our office if you require additional days.
- Please make sure that our teachers have at least a 30-minute lunch break. (if teaching a full day)
- Please use common courtesy and let MCSEEP know ahead of time if you have ANY schedule changes! I’d like at least a 2-day notice if at all possible!!
- Due to “first thing in the morning” activities, such as announcements, lunch sign up, money collections, pledge of allegiance, etc., we suggest you consider scheduling your 1st MCSEEP presentation to begin either 2nd hour or at least 10 minutes past the start of the school day. This gives our teacher the full time period needed.
- Please check the length of class times necessary to teach and try not to shorten the time, unless unavoidable, or your students will miss valuable information (i.e., Middle School class periods may need to be shortened; sorter days, etc. – use the “notes” section to make this request when filling out your online schedule form for the MCSEEP Director.)
- If you are scheduling a multi-age class, please specify on your lesson schedule which grade level you would prefer that we teach.
- If you are scheduling a learning disability class (special ed.), please indicate that on your schedule.
- The Lesson Evaluation Forms will be handout out to each teacher having our program and need to be returned to your school recycling coordinator, who will be responsible for sending them back to the MCSEEP office.
WE REQUEST THE USE OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AT YOUR SCHOOL:
- A VCR or DVD player for all grades except Kindergarten.
- A cleared off desk or table in each classroom for our teaching materials.
- A blackboard or dry erase board in the room we will be using.
PLEASE SCHEDULE ENVIRONMENTAL LESSONS FOR THE MINIMUM FOLLOWING LENGTHS OF TIME:
- Kindergarten/1st grade – 35-40 minutes
- Pre-school: 35-40 minutes
- 2nd Grade - 40 minutes
- 3rd-8th Grades -50 minutes
- High School-50-100 minutes
THEMES FOR THE ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION LESSONS (preK-12):
- Kindergarten: What I DO Makes a Difference
- Pre-Kindergarten: Preschool scientist... Earthworm habitats and the square foot garden
- 1st Grade: Our Good Friends, the Trees
- 2nd Grade: Dirt Made my Lunch
- 3rd Grade: Making Every Drop Count
- 4th Grade: Power Up 2050
- 5th Grade: The Importance of Biodiversity
- 6th Grade: Water – Who Protects the Watershed?
- 7th Grade: How Can we Mitigate Climate Change?
- 8th Grade: Making a Sustainable Living
- 9th – 12th Grade: Green Careers, phenology, local pollinators
Thank you for your help – we look forward to our visit!
If you are not an assigned coordinator for your school please contact your school coordinator to inquire about lessons or William Donato at the MCSEEP desk firstname.lastname@example.org to find out who your coordinator is or to answer questions that you may have.
*Call MCSEEP for more information. (815-334-4054)