The McHenry County Continuum of Care (CoC)
McHenry County Continuum of Care to End Homelessness Strategic Plan
The proposed McHenry County Continuum of Care to End Homelessness 2019-2022 Strategic Plan can be found by clicking the link below. Public comments are being solicited on this proposed plan. Comments are due no later 4:00pm CDT on September 20, 2019. Comments may be mailed, submitted in person or emailed to Hans Mach (HDMach@mchenrycountyil.gov) and Jena Hencin (JMHencin@mchenrycountyil.gov). All comments must include the commenter's name and address.
Draft McHenry County Strategic Plan to End Homelessness 2019-2022
FY 2019 CoC Competition
FY 2019 CoC Competition NOFA
FY 2019 CoC Competition Timeline
IL-500 McHenry County CoC Reallocation Plan
IL-500 McHenry County CoC Prioritization Plan
FY 2019 Final Renewal Ranking Tool/Rubric
FY 2019 Final New/Bonus Ranking Tool/Rubric
FY 2019 Final Presentation Scoring Sheet - Renewal Projects
FY 2019 Final Presentation Scoring Sheet - New/Bonus Projects
Full CoC Board, Steering Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
2018 CoC Competition
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2018 Collaborative Application
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2018 Ranking and Priority List
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC Prioritization and Ranking Policy
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC Reallocation Plan
- FY 2018 Renewal Ranking Tool
- FY 2018 New/Bonus Ranking Tool
- FY 2018 Oral Presentation Score Tool
- FY 2018 Continuum of Care Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
2017 Collaborative Application and Priority Listing
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2017 Collaborative Application
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2017 Ranking and Priority List
- FY 2017 Renewal Project Scoring Rubric
- FY 2017 New/Bonus Project Scoring Rubric
- FY 2017 McHenry County CoC Prioritization Plan
- FY 2017 McHenry County CoC Reallocation Plan
2016 Collaborative Application and Priority Listing
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2016 Collaborative Application
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2016 Ranking and Priority List
- FY 2016 Renewal Project Scoring Rubric
- FY 2016 New/Bonus Project Scoring Rubric
2015 Collaborative Application and Priority Listing
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2015 Collaborative Application
- IL-500 McHenry County CoC FY 2015 Ranking & Priority
Homeless Study for McHenry County Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Information
Strategic Plan to End Homelessness 2016-2018 ESG Policies and Procedures Manual
WHAT IS A CONTINUUM OF CARE?
According to HUD, a Continuum of Care is "a community plan to organize and deliver housing and services to meet the specific needs of people who are homeless as they move to stable housing and maximize self-sufficiency."
WHAT DOES THE MCHENRY COUNTY CoC DO?
The McHenry County Continuum of Care to End Homelessness assists in the coordination and development of services and housing for homeless and low-income persons with housing needs through planning, education and advocacy.
- Provide knowledge to and engage the general population of McHenry County to understand the at-risk population facing homelessness.
- Educate service providers on best practices in addressing housing needs.
- Identify housing needs for homeless and low-income persons in McHenry County.
- Support planning and development of services to meet prioritized housing needs within McHenry County.
- Obtain and sustain permanent housing solutions.
- Sustain a united coalition of community systems and individuals.
- Assist the homeless and near homeless in obtaining housing, economic stability, and an enhanced quality of life through comprehensive and collaborative services.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE MCHENRY COUNTY CONTINUUM OF CARE?
Membership shall be comprised of individuals and agencies concerned with the development and coordination of homeless assistance programs. Membership is open. Participants include:
- Homeless or formerly homeless individuals and families
- Housing Developers and Landlord Organizations
- Neighborhood Groups
- Non-profit organizations
- Healthcare Providers
- Representatives of Business and Financial Institutions
- Representatives of Organized Labor
- Representatives of Private Foundations and Funding Organizations
- Social Service Providers
- State and Local Government Agencies
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Volunteer Individuals
- Concerned Citizens
HOW OFTEN DOES THE CONTINUUM MEET?
The Continuum of Care meets monthly to discuss and plan for the providing of necessary services for the homeless of McHenry County. Full CoC Board meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of each month at 9:00 am at the McHenry County Mental Health Board Building.
Current CoC Documents (for review and meeting purposes):
Membership Documents (click on the text below for document):
McHenry County CoC Members - update coming soon