620 Dakota St. Crystal Lake, IL 60012 | Phone: 815-455-2828
Fax: 815-455-2925 |
McHenry County Crisis Line 1-800-892-8900
Need Help Finding a Service? Click Here -->Service Directory
The Mental Health Board (MHB) is a special purpose unit of the county government that's regulated through Illinois House Bill 708, also known as the Community Mental Health Act. The Act mandates that the Mental Health Board administer mental health funds, collected through an annual tax levy, through the direction of a nine-member board of community representatives. These representatives are appointed by the County Board. The MHB is responsible for making sure that the duties and responsibilities of the Community Mental Health Act are fulfilled.
Request for Proposal for Provision of Trauma-Informed McHenry County
The McHenry County Mental Health Board invites qualified Consultants who possess the experience, capability, and expertise in the area of Trauma-Informed Systems to serve as Consultant to McHenry County Mental Health Board. For more information and to view the RFP click on the above link to be directed to the Mental Health Board's RFP page.
Trauma Informed Care Part 2: NOW WHAT?
Training: Friday, October 18, 2019 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm at the McHenry County Mental Health Board, 620 Dakota Street in Crystal Lake. Presented by Raul Almazar, RN, MA. This training will focus on implementation strategies of trauma informed approaches using SAMHSA's Principles of Trauma Informed Approaches and Domains for implementation.
Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Counseling Transgender Individuals and Those Who Defy Gender Binary
Training: Friday, October 4, 2019 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the McHenry County Mental Health Board, 620 Dakota Street in Crystal Lake. Presenters are Carol Fetzner, MS, LCPC, NCC, Michelle M. Fisher, DSW, LCSW, & Brianna L. Sorensen, LCSW, CADC. This training will focus on how to treat gender dysphoria, differentiate gender issues from other mental health concerns, & learn counseling techniques for working with the transgender population.
McHenry County Suicide Prevention & Mental Health Recovery Conference
Friday, September 13, 2019 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake. The McHenry County Mental Health Board and the Suicide Prevention Task Force 2019 Annual Conference will tackle mental health, suicide and substance abuse in our communities. Our "Uniting Our Voices, Strength and Recovery" theme will explore what we can do personally and professionally to combine the powers of Hope, Empowerment and Recovery. We are committed to a conference line-up that motivates, fosters a creative learning environment, and brings subject matter experts with best practices, tools and techniques that can make a real difference at every level.
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Suicide Prevention Training
August & September Trainings - In as little as 1 1/2 hours, individuals can learn to recognize the warning signs of suicide and how to apply three simple steps that may save a life. This FREE training is at the Mental Health Board, 620 Dakota Street in Crystal Lake.
Featured Funded Agencies
For County Fiscal Year 2019, $10,135,345.00 in local community mental health funds are allocated directly to 30 agencies in order to provide prevention, treatment, and recovery support services for McHenry County residents living with mental health, substance use, and intellectual and developmental disability related needs.
For more information about the programs funded by the McHenry County Mental Health Board in FY19 click here and come back monthly to view the Featured Funded Agencies.
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (Northwest CASA)
104 Minnie Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014; (815) 671-4004; http://www.nwcasa.org/
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (Northwest CASA) is a full service agency that provides free services to sexual assault survivors and their loved ones within McHenry County.
- CARE Center Sexual Assault Intervention Program consists of the following services:24/7 medical advocacy for a sexual assault victim who seeks emergency room medical care in a McHenry County hospital; 24/7 criminal justice advocacy (in English and Spanish) at any police station in McHenry County; court accompaniment (in English and Spanish) of victims to any criminal justice proceeding in McHenry County; 24/7 telephone crisis intervention if called upon by the McHenry County Crisis Line; individual family and couple counseling (in English and Spanish) for victims of any age and their significant others.
3701 Doty Road, Woodstock, IL 60098; (815) 338-2500
10400 Haligus Rd, Huntley, IL 60142; (224) 654-0000
4201 W Medical Center Dr, McHenry, IL 60050; (815) 344-5000
Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital, an extension of Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital, in Woodstock is a regional destination for behavioral health services and outpatient care. The 34-bed hospital features inpatient behavioral health services, as well as an emergency department and a wide range of outpatient services including laboratory and medical imaging.
- Behavioral Health Access and Crisis Services ensures our community members have immediate access to a crisis phone line and face to face crisis assessments, focusing on supporting an array of crisis response and stabilization services.
- Substance Abuse Nurse Educator & Community Liaison focuses on leveraging Centegra, Mental Health Board, and community resources to enhance knowledge and accessibility to substance abuse information and services across McHenry County.This role supports the following key initiatives/partnerships: Law enforcement Narcan/Naloxone program, A Way Out Program, Community education and training events, Substance Abuse Coalition activities, Mother and newborn opioid initiatives, and Nursing CEU Liaison.
Options & Advocacy
365 Millennium Drive, Ste. A, Crystal Lake, IL 60012
(815) 477-4720; http://www.optionsandadvocacy.org/
Options & Advocacy (O & A) for McHenry County is a non-profit organization serving McHenry County since 1994. Over the years, we have provided high quality services and supports to thousands of infants, children and adults with developmental needs and their families.
- Bilingual Liaison offers all of the services that Options & Advocacy provides to the Spanish speaking community.
- Autism Resource Center provides supports to individuals who have or are suspected to have an autism diagnosis, and their families. Services offered include: Resource & Referral, Diagnostic Information, Educational Advocacy, Community Education, Family Education, Parent Mentoring, Quarterly Newsletters, and many Monthly Support Groups.
This section is provided to promote awareness of current issues and does not constitute support or endorsement of any idea, author, article, website or organization.
Combating opioid crisis with outreach - Northwest Herald, June 24, 2019 - From the sidewalk in the Woodstock Square, Warp Corps’ storefront doesn’t let on to all that’s inside. The “coffee” sign in the front window and skateboard decks just past the entrance are only a glimpse at the ways two McHenry County men have chosen to combat the area’s opioid crisis with action sports, art, music and private label gourmet coffee. Woodstock resident Rob Mutert and McHenry man Mike Schoeler have created a space for artists, musicians, skateboarders and coffee aficionados alike to hang out and learn more about substance abuse and suicide prevention...
McHenry County to give teachers youth mental health training - WGNTV.COM, June 2, 2019 - ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. — McHenry County will train educators on how to identify and assist youths experiencing mental health issues.The county mental health board is collaborating with 17 school districts in August to bring Youth Mental Health First Aid training to instructors and teach them crisis intervention, the (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald reported. ...
McHenry County Mental Health Board highlights resources in wake of AJ Freund's death - Northwest Herald, May 10, 2019
The streets of McHenry County are awash with reminders of two major events that have sent feelings of confusion, anger and sadness throughout the community. Light poles throughout the area still were adorned with black and blue ribbons in memory of fallen McHenry County Sheriff’s Deputy Jacob Keltner when new, lighter blue ribbons were hung in honor of 5-year-old AJ Freund. As the community reels from the previous two months’ events, the McHenry County Mental Health Board is encouraging residents to use the resources at their disposal and constructively channel what executive director Scott Block called “secondary trauma.”...