As of December 1, 2008 the Solid Waste Management Program for McHenry County has been relocated from the Department of Planning and Development to the Environmental Health Division of the McHenry County Department of Health. The goals of the Solid Waste Management Program are to assure the proper handling of solid waste to prevent public health concerns and to maximize the reduction, reuse and recycling of solid waste generated in McHenry County.
- 2016 Solid Waste Program Update [PDF]
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Residential Recycling Ordinance [PDF]
- Municipal Waste Haulers Ordinance [PDF]
- Open Burning Ordinance
- Franchising of Solid Waste
- Solid Waste Stream Analysis
- McHenry County Green Awards
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee
- Municipal Waste Haulers List[PDF]
- Solid Waste Hauler Fee Schedule [PDF]
- Home Composting [PDF]
- IEPA Safe Options for Home Needle Disposal [PDF]
- Household Hazardous Waste [PDF]
- Recycling Guidelines [PDF]
Lakes Disposal Franchise Area
The Health Department has received several calls from residents in unincorporated McHenry Township
regarding an interruption to their waste pick-up services. Department staff has been in contact with Lakes
Disposal Services and has been advised that Lakes Disposal has stopped picking up waste and recycling
for accounts that are unpaid.
If you have experienced an interruption, please contact Lakes Disposal Services directly at 815-675-0400,
via email at [email protected] or the website www.lakesdisposal.com. Their staff will
determine the status of your account and get back to you. Accounts that are brought up to date before the
close of business on Friday, will have their services resumed next week on the regularly scheduled pick-up day.
2019 McHenry County Recycling Directory Green Guide
Please click the flyers below to download the full documents.
|English Version||Spanish Version|