The Division of Environmental Health will be moving to the Administration Building in late June. Please check back for exact dates. The Department will remain open during the move.
Please click to view information about residential electronics recycling drop-off sites.
Please click below to view information on our single-day residential tire recycling event.
As of December 1, 2008 the Solid Waste Management Program for McHenry County has been relocated from the Department of Planning and Development to the Environmental Health Division of the McHenry County Department of Health. The goals of the Solid Waste Management Program are to assure the proper handling of solid waste to prevent public health concerns and to maximize the reduction, reuse and recycling of solid waste generated in McHenry County.
- 2016 Solid Waste Program Update [PDF]
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Residential Recycling Ordinance [PDF]
- Municipal Waste Haulers Ordinance [PDF]
- Open Burning Ordinance
- Franchising of Solid Waste
- Solid Waste Stream Analysis
- McHenry County Green Awards
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee
- Municipal Waste Haulers List [PDF]
- Solid Waste Hauler Fee Schedule [PDF]
- Home Composting [PDF]
- IEPA Safe Options for Home Needle Disposal [PDF]
- Household Hazardous Waste [PDF]
- Recycling Guidelines [PDF]
2018-2019 McHenry County Recycling Directory Green Guide
Please click the flyers below to download the full documents.
|English Version||Spanish Version|