Translate this page:
News & Events
New CMS Rule:On September 8, 2016 the Federal Register posted the final rule for Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers. The regulation goes into effect on November 16, 2016. Health care providers and suppliers affected by this rule must comply and implement all regulations one year after the effective date, on November 16, 2017.
The purpose of this rule is to establish national emergency preparedness requirements to ensure adequate planning for both natural and man-made disasters, and coordination with federal, state, tribal, regional and local emergency preparedness systems. The following information will apply upon publication of the final rule:
* Requirements will apply to all 17 provider and supplier types.
* Each provider and supplier will have its own set of Emergency Preparedness regulations incorporated into its set of conditions or requirements for certification.
* Must be in compliance with Emergency Preparedness regulations to participate in the Medicare or Medicaid program.
If you have questions regarding the Emergency Preparedness CMS rule, please contact: Rachel Mintle at 815-334-0217 or email at [email protected].
Access The McHenry County Department of Health's health alert page.
The Communicable Disease Communiqué
Access The Communicable Disease Communiqué
To Learn More
Please Visit the Following Links to Locate Glossaries/Definitions.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provides these definitions, specific to emergency response and management
- FEMA also offers a glossary related to the National Incident Management System(NIMS)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains a glossary of radiological terms [PDF]
Please Visit the Following Links if You are Looking for More Information on a Particular Topic.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides an A-Z Index on all the topics covered on their website
- FEMA topics A through Z
Health & Safety Websites
- American Red Cross
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP)
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- FEMA Independent Study Program
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- National Weather Service (NOAA) (NWS)
- Public Health Emergency
- Ready Illinois
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration-Emergency Preparedness and Response
- World Health Organization (WHO)
McHenry County Links
- McHenry County Government
- McHenry County Health Department
- McHenry County Emergency Management
- McHenry County Regional 0ffice of Education