- Perform a "quality control check" to ensure all documents are correctly completed and legible, including Illinois Real Estate Transfer Declaration Forms (PTAX-203, etc.)
- Do not use excessive white-out or otherwise affix anything on documents; as this will result in a non-conforming fee.
- The document shall be on white paper of not less than 20-pound weight and shall have a clean margin of at least one-half inch on the top, bottom, and each side.
- Do not use highlighters other than yellow – all other colors scan as a black mark, making information unreadable. These documents will be rejected.
- A clear 3"x5" space in the upper right-hand corner is required. If in doubt, add a cover sheet to your document so you will not be charged a non-conforming fee.
- Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of original documents and copies. Please do not send individual envelopes for each document submitted, but send a properly-sized envelope to accommodate all documents recorded.
- Bound or thick documents must be unbound or unstapled to print recording information; a paper clip is best.
- Send no more than 10 documents, per folder.
- Provide one (1) blank check per folder; all other checks should be paper-clipped to their appropriate document.
- Make sure a McHenry County document number is being released, assigned, subordinated, modified or amended on your document – 2017R0000000 (Year, Letter "R" & seven digits).
- There must be a note attached to any assignment (immediately following the mortgage) with direction in order for us to insert a mortgage document number.
- We are unable to insert mortgage numbers on subordinations.
- On subordinations, only the mortgage being subordinated is indexed.
- Deliver documents prior to 4:00 p.m., if possible.
- Title Companies – please pick-up original documents promptly and on a regular basis.
Check all documents for the following:
- Signature(s) - required on both documents and checks.
- Notary - not required but recommended for protection of person signing.
- Prepared by - name and address of person preparing document.
- A mail-to (MT) name and address is required on every document (preferably on the first page to enable quick indexing).
- Legal description must be in McHenry County and complete.
Check all Deeds for the following:
- A complete Grantee's Address including street, city & state is required on all deeds.
- A Plat Act Affidavit must accompany the deed if the legal description is metes and bounds and be properly completed, signed, and dated.
- A completed exemption paragraph with date & signature OR completed Illinois Real Estate Transfer Declaration Form (PTAX-203, etc.) must accompany all deeds. If a deed is exempt under paragraph B, K, or M, a PTAX-203 is also required.
Rental Housing Support Program (RHSP Surcharge)
- If you believe you are exempt from paying the RHSP surcharge, please fill out the RHSP Exemption Declaration Form and include with each document submitted.