Every ten years the United States Census Bureau counts every United States residents, once and only once and in the right place. The results of this count determine:.
- The distribution of $675 billion annually to state and local governments,
- The boundaries of voting districts cities, counties, states and the federal government,
- the planning for locally provided services,
- and much more!
Completing the Census is safe and secure. Your individual responses are 100% confidential and cannot be shared with anyone or any other governmental agency.
How to Answer the 2020 Census Online
The Ad Hoc McHenry County Complete Count Committee (MC4)
|The Ad Hoc McHenry County Complete Count Committee, or MC4, was created by County Board Chairman Jack D. Franks to promote and to encourage accurate and complete responses to the 2020 Census. Its members are trusted voices from different walks of life in McHenry County and include:|
|Co-Chairman Michael Vijuk||McHenry County Board||Co-Chairman Dr. Brian Sager||City of Woodstock|
|Carlos Acosta||McHenry County Board||Craig Adams||McHenry Township|
|Melissa Adamson||McHenry County Public Health Department||Kay Bates||McHenry County Board|
|Dan Bertrand||School Superintendents||Scott Block||McHenry County Mental Health Board|
|Julie Courtney||McHenry County Workforce Network||Esperanza Gonzalez||Illinois Migrant Council|
|Karen Hutchings||League of Women Voters||Hans Mach||McHenry County Community Development|
|Fr. Carlos Monsalve||St. Joseph Catholic Church||Thomas Palmer||Huntley Park District|
|Carole Peters||United Way of McHenry County||Carolyn Schofield||McHenry County Board|
|James Scholtz||McHenry Public Library District||Larry Smith||McHenry County Board|
|Deborah Thielen||The Community Foundation of McHenry County||Kelli Wegener||McHenry County Board|
|Fr. Paul White||The Church of the Holy Apostles|
How You Can Help
- Keep an eye out for your invitation to complete the 2020 Census. It will come as a postcard in the mail, and you cannot complete your census without the code in your invitation.
- Encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to participate in the 2020 Census.
- Join or partner with a local complete count committee like the MC4.
- Place a 2020 Census badge on your website like this:
Become a Census Taker
The Census Bureau is still hiring census takers. In McHenry County, census takers have flexible hours and can earn up to $25 per hour. To apply to become a census taker, please visit https://2020census.gov/en/jobs/.
For More Information
For more information about the 2020 Census, please visit: https://2020census.gov/en.
To learn more about how you support the 2020 Census with the MC4 please contact Alicia Schueller, Assistant to the County Administrator at [email protected] or (815) 334-0309.