You must make your online payment 1 business day prior to your court date. The Circuit Clerk uses an outside vendor to process online payments. The vendor charges a convenience fee for the service. The fee is not charged or collected by the Circuit Clerk. GovPayNet Fee List The Circuit Clerk does NOT accept payments by phone.
If you have received a notice or phone call from the Circuit Clerk's collection agency, Arnold Scott Harris, P.C., the Circuit Clerk's office can no longer accept payment on your case(s). After a case is turned over to collections, payments must be made through the collection agency. Payments and questions on cases submitted to collections should be directed to Arnold Scott Harris, P.C. at (312)574-1885 or pay online at http://pay-harris-law-firm.com.
Paying Your Traffic Ticket Online
Certain minor violations can be paid to the Clerk of the Circuit Court without going to court. If the bottom of your ticket is marked no court appearance required, you may have the option to pay this ticket without a court appearance. Choose option B or C from the Traffic Ticket Payment Brochure [PDF] and follow the instructions to pay your ticket online.
B) Plead GUILTY - Conviction:
You must plead guilty and a conviction will be reported to the Secretary of State.
For tickets issued prior to July 1, 2019, pay one of the following amounts (see list of various violations):
- $120 for minor violations (ticket dates through 6-30-2019), except;
- $60 for seat belt violations (ticket dates through 6-30-2019) or;
- $140 for speeding 21-25 MPH over the posted limit (ticket dates through 6-30-2019).
For tickets issued July 1, 2019, and later, pay $164.00 for all violations.
C) Plead GUILTY - Court Supervision With Traffic School:
To receive Court Supervision without a court appearance, and avoid a conviction on your driving record, you must plead guilty and complete Traffic School. The 22nd Judicial Circuit accepts either classroom or online Traffic School completions.
For tickets issued prior to July 1, 2019, pay one of the following amounts:
- $163 for all minor violations with classroom Traffic School;
- $178 for all minor violations with online Traffic School;
- $183 if ticket is for speeding 21-25 MPH over posted limit, with classroom Traffic School;
- $198 if ticket is for speeding 21-25 MPH over posted limit, with online Traffic School.
For tickets issued July 1, 2019, and later, pay the following:
- $207 for all minor violations with classroom Traffic School
- $222 for all minor violations with online Traffic School
You must not have attended Traffic School during the past 12 months. Traffic School fees are non-refundable. This option is not available for drivers under the age of 18 or for CDL license holders driving CDL vehicles when the ticket was issued. Drivers under the age of 18 must appear in court with a parent or guardian to request Court Supervision. Teen Drivers Flyer [PDF]