It is the mission of the McHenry County Auditor's Office to provide quality, cost-effective services to the citizens of the County through the functions of statistical, quarterly and payment reporting and also through a continuous internal auditing program. These processes are designed to assist all members of the County Board, Elected Officials and Department Directors in their duties by providing them with accurate and meaningful information concerning the financial condition, policies, procedures, controls and performance measurement of the county.
To fulfill this mission, the McHenry County Auditor's Office will:
- Audit all claims against the County and recommend payment or rejection by dated signature. This shall be achieved by auditing the documentation and basis for the amounts billed to the County, as maintained by County vendors, under agreements between the County and its vendors.
- Collect, analyze and preserve statistical and financial information with respect to the cost of operations of the various County departments and facilities maintained, operated or owned by the County.
- Report quarterly to the County Board the entire financial operations of the County including revenues anticipated and received, expenditures estimated or paid, and other pertinent information.
- Audit the inventory of all real and personal property owned by the County under the control and management of the various officers and departments of the County.
- Maintain a continuous internal audit of the operations and financial records of the officers, agents or divisions of the County.
- Audit the receipts of all County officers and departments presented for deposit with the County Treasurer.
- Maintain a file of all contracts entered into by the County Board and all authorized county officers, for or on behalf of the County.
If you have any questions concerning the financial reports of McHenry County, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can be reached at the office weekdays from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm or email us anytime at [email protected].