If you would like to be added to the service directory please download the Service Directory Request Form and email completed form to [email protected].
Veterans Assistance Commission Of McHenry County (VAC)
What we do: The VAC provides:
- short term financial assistance to eligible low income veterans or surviving dependents
- transportation to/from Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center in No. Chicago
- assistance with prosecution of Compensation & Pension Claims to the US Department of Veterans Affairs
- outreach education provided to groups interested in Federal, State & Local Benefits available to veterans and/or their dependents
- Direct Client Outreach due to a disability or conflict of work schedule (certain eligibility criterion apply, please call).
Who we serve: Veterans & their dependents. Eligibility requirements: Financial Assistance - Limited to veterans/families of McHenry County. VA Claims Representation - Any eligible veteran that needs assistance. Outreach - only available within McHenry County jurisdiction. Transportation - Veterans and their attendant that reside in McHenry County
Additional Information: Other Languages Offered/Interpreter Availability: None Fees/Insurance: Free Service to Veterans & their dependents Availability: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m. Please call first to schedule an appointment & see what paperwork you will need to bring. Website: veterans-assistance-commission