If you would like to be added to the service directory please download the Service Directory Request Form and email completed form to [email protected].
Turning Point, Inc.
- Categories:Domestic Violence Services
- Phone:(815) 338-8081
What we do: Turning Point is the only full-service domestic violence agency in McHenry County. We provide:
- crisis intervention, secure emergency shelter for victims and their children who are fleeing domestic violence
- individual and group counseling for adults and children, legal advocacy for victims
- trauma-based mental health therapy, partner abuse intervention
- violence prevention education programs
Who we serve: Women, children and men who have been victims of domestic violence. Through our Partner Abuse Intervention Program, we help perpetrators of abuse. Eligibility requirements: McHenry County residency
Additional Information: Other Languages Offered/Interpreter Availability: Services are offered in Spanish by bilingual/bicultural staff. All other languages accommodated through use of interpreters. Fees/Insurance: Services for domestic violence victims are free. Sliding fee scale for perpetrator program and for mental health therapy. Availability: Crisis services and shelter available 24 hours a day through the help line number. Call during office hours for information on other services. Office hours are Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., and Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Website: www.turnpt.org