If you would like to be added to the service directory please download the Service Directory Request Form and email completed form to [email protected].
What we do: TLS Veterans is a charitable organization with a mission to provide veterans in need and their families the services necessary to experience hope and achieve success. Programs include:
- New Horizons, a 20-bed, transitional-housing program for homeless veterans
- Employment Assistance, a case management and employment-coaching service that has helped scores of veterans gain employment
- SSVF, a case management service that provides supportive services for low or very low income veterans families residing in or transitioning to permanent housing
- a veterans/military family drop-in resource center that provides peer-to-peer support by veterans
- food pantry with monthly Northern Illinois Food Bank truck
- counseling services.
Who we serve: Veterans, active-duty service members', military family members, support persons of veterans, military service members, and families of the fallen. Eligibility requirements: New Horizons - veterans must be eligible for healthcare through the North Chicago VA, must be able to pass a background check, cannot be prescribed benzodiazepine or narcotic medication and in most instances veterans must be homeless and must be able to actively seek work immediately; HVRP - veterans must be discharged under conditions other than dishonorable; SSVF - member of a veteran family, household income does not exceed 30% of the area median income published by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and occupying permanent housing or seeking permanent housing; Drop-in Resource Center - none other than veteran/military family status.
Additional Information: Other Languages Offered/Interpreter Availability: No Fees/Insurance: All services are free but New Horizons residents pay participation fees based on the ability to pay. Availability: New Horizons: Staff can be reached at 815-648-2203; a staff member is on site or available to residents 24/7 Employment Assistance and SSVF: Staff can be reached at 815-679-6667 during normal business hours. Drop-in Resource Center: General number is 815-322-2620 or 816-679-6667 Administration offices Staff can be reached at 815-679-6667, messages are answered promptly. Website: www.tlsveterans.org