- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
John A. Neveitt Sentenced to Six Years in the Illinois Department of Corrections for Residential Burglary
April 3, 2020
JOHN A. NEVEITT SENTENCED TO SIX YEARS IN THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS FOR RESIDENTIAL BURGLARY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that John A. Neveitt, 31, formerly of McHenry, Illinois, was sentenced April 1, 2020, to six years in the Illinois Department of Corrections by the Honorable Judge Wilbrandt following a negotiated plea of guilty.
Defendant was sentenced as a Class X Offender on the offense of Residential Burglary, which generally is classified as a Class 1 Felony, carrying a sentencing range of four to fifteen years in the Illinois Department of Corrections. However, due to prior felony convictions, under Illinois law, the Defendant was sentenced to a Class X Felony, punishable by six to thirty years in the Illinois Department of Corrections. Defendant will serve a two year period of mandatory supervised release upon completion of his sentence.
On March 15, 2019, Defendant knowingly and without authority entered into the dwelling place of another, located at 4712 Howard Street, McHenry, Illinois, with the intent therein to commit a theft.
The case was investigated by members of the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department and prosecuted by Assistant State’s Attorney Mary Ann Scholl of the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office.