Court Response to Coronavirus
The 22nd Circuit Court will resume hearing court matters on June 1, 2020. To provide for the safety of Judicial Center staff, attorneys and court patrons, the following guidelines must be followed:
- BEFORE coming to the Michael J. Sullivan Judicial Center, check your court date and TIME on the Circuit Clerk's website, as many court dates and times have changed. https://caseinfo.mchenrycountyil.gov/pca
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled court time; leave the building promptly when finished.
- Only people necessary to the proceeding should come to court, leave family and friends at home
- Bring only your keys, photo ID, cash/credit card and court papers into the building. Only cell phones for court related purposes are permitted in the Judicial Center.
- Wearing masks or face coverings, and practicing social distancing are required in all areas of the Michael J. Sullivan Judicial Center.
Please do not attempt to enter the Judicial Center if you:
- Are experiencing fever, chills or other symptoms;
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or live with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 or live with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19;
- Have been directed to quarantine, isolate or self-monitor at home by any medical provider;
If you are sick stay home. If you cannot come to court due to illness, please contact your attorney, or if you are self-represented call the Circuit Clerk's office at (815)334-4190.
Circuit Clerk's Office Online Services All Available
All Circuit Clerk online services are still available on the Circuit Clerk's website. Documents can be filed through our eFiling portal, but court dates will not be allowed to be scheduled in April unless it is for a mandated service. Traffic tickets can be paid, as well as payments on any other case type, electronic copies can be requested, case information can be searched. Go to www.mchenrycircuitclerk.org to connect to these online services.
Rather than waiting for a notice in the mail, please monitor your case's court date on our website at https://caseinfo.mchenrycountyil.gov/pca. Sign up for a free text and/or email Court Date Reminder at http://mchenrycourt.date/reminders.
Screening Procedures Implemented by McHenry County Sheriff for Courthouse Visitors
Effective June 1, 2020, masks or face coverings ARE REQUIRED for all parties entering the Courthouse. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE THE ONLY ITEMS ALLOWED IN THE GOVERNMENT CENTER ARE AS FOLLOWS:
IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER PROHIBITED ITEMS:
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE GOVERNMENT CENTER
PURSES, BACKPACKS, BAGS OF ANY KIND
FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS NOT CONDUCTING OFFICIAL BUSINESS (Please leave children & elderly at home when possible)
Exceptions will be made for Attorney’s entering the building on official business.