- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
Joshua Dancy Pleads Guilty to Soliciting Child Pornography and Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
January 28, 2020
JOSHUA DANCY PLEADS GUILTY TO SOLICITING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY AND AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ABUSE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that 24-year-old Joshua Dancy of Crystal Lake, Illinois, was found guilty of Soliciting Child Pornography, a class X felony, Possessing Child Pornography, a class 3 felony, and multiple charges of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse, class 2 felonies following a negotiated plea before the Honorable Robert Wilbrandt.
In May, 2019, members of the Crystal Lake Police Department began investigating allegations of aggravated sexual abuse involving this defendant with two minors which had occurred months before. A search of the defendant’s cell phone led the police to discover two more victims as well as images and videos of child pornography.
Dancy was sentenced to a term of fifteen years in the Illinois Department of Corrections pursuant to the plea. He will have to register as a sex offender for his natural life.
This case was investigated by Detective Mattson and other members of the Crystal Lake Police Department. This case was prosecuted by Susanne Groebner of the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office.