- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
Ahmed Tawfeeq Sentenced to Five Years in the Department of Corrections for Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault
January 6, 2020
AHMED TAWFEEQ SENTENCED TO FIVE YEARS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS FOR ATTEMPT AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that 29-year-old Ahmed Tawfeeq, formerly of Elgin, Illinois, was sentenced to five years in the Illinois Department of Corrections, followed by two years of mandatory supervised release for the offense of attempt aggravated criminal sexual assault following a sentencing hearing on January 3, 2020 before the Honorable Judge Robert Wilbrandt. Defendant was additionally sentenced to five years in the Illinois Department of Corrections on the offense of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, three years on the offense of aggravated battery, two years on the offense of unlawful restraint, and two years on the offense of promoting prostitution. The sentences on all offenses will be served concurrently, and the sentences are served at 50% pursuant to the Illinois Truth in Sentencing Guidelines.
Defendant was sentenced after a finding of guilty on all offenses following a bench trial on November 5, 2019. On the morning of June 16, 2017, Tawfeeq, an Uber drive, assaulted the victim in his vehicle while in Prairie Grove, Illinois near the victim’s residence. The Defendant is facing additional charges of a solicitation of harassment of a witness which are scheduled for jury trial on January 6, 2020 in McHenry County.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant State’s Attorneys Mary Ann Scholl and Taylor Nesbit. The case was investigated by Deputy Chief Mike Freese of the Prairie Grove Police Department.