- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
David Freeman Sentenced to 11 Years in the Department of Corrections for Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child
December 23, 2019
DAVID FREEMAN SENTENCED TO 11 YEARS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS FOR PREDATORY CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT OF A CHILD
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that 29-year-old David Freeman, formerly of Bloomington, Illinois, was sentenced to 11 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections for the offense of Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child, to be followed by a three year to natural life period of mandatory supervised release by the Honorable Judge Robert Wilbrandt on December 23, 2019.
Freeman plead guilty to sexually assaulting a minor victim who was under 13 years old in September 2016 to February 2017. He must serve his sentence at 85% with no day-for-day credit. Upon release from custody, Freeman will have to register as a lifetime sex offender.
This case was investigated by Detective Verle Leard of the Harvard Police Department. The case was prosecuted by Assistant State’s Attorneys Sharyl Eisenstein and Mary Ann Scholl.