- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
Jermal Johnson Sentenced to Six Years in the Department of Corrections for Drug Induced Homicide
December 20, 2019
JERMAL JOHNSON SENTENCED TO SIX YEARS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS FOR DRUG INDUCED HOMICIDE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that on December 19, 2019, 49-year-old Jermal Johnson of Waukegan, was sentenced to six years in the Illinois Department of Corrections for the offense of Drug-Induced Homicide.
On June 15, 2018 the City of McHenry police were dispatched to 1920 North Orleans Street in response to a drug overdose. Thirty-nine-year-old Jennifer Richards of McHenry was found unresponsive and was later declared to have died as a result of an overdose of heroin and fentanyl. The police learned that during the prior evening Ms. Richards had gone to Waukegan and purchased heroin. A subsequent search of Ms. Richard’s cell phone revealed electronic communication with someone named “Mo.” The police then learned that “Mo” was the nickname for the defendant, Jermal Johnson. A friend of Ms. Richards identified Jermal Johnson in a photo line-up and indicated that he sold the fatal dose of heroin to Ms. Johnson.
The defendant is subject to truth in sentencing guidelines because of the death suffered by the victim. The defendant will serve 4.5 years in prison under truth in sentencing guidelines.
This case was investigated by the McHenry City Police Department and prosecuted by Assistant State’s Attorney Michael Combs.