- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
Sara R. Peters Found Guilty of Delivery of a Controlled Substance
October 3, 2019
SARA R. PETERS FOUND GUILTY OF DELIVERY OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that Sara R. Peters, 34, of Wonder Lake, Illinois, was found guilty of Delivery of a Controlled Substance, a Class 2 felony, following a jury trial before the Honorable Robert Wilbrandt. The jury acquitted Peters of the charge of Drug-Induced Homicide.
On December 29, 2017, officers from the Harvard Police Department responded to the residence of Deadra Block in Harvard, Illinois for a report of a woman who was unresponsive and not breathing. Deadra Block was transported to a hospital, but died shortly after her admission. Medical and toxicological examination revealed that Deadra Block died of an oxycodone overdose. Subsequent investigation revealed that Sara Peters had delivered oxycodone to Deadra Block an hour before her death.
Sentencing is scheduled for November 20, 2019 at 1:30 P.M.
This case was investigated by members of the Harvard Police Department, with assistance of members of the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department. This case was prosecuted by Robert Ladd and Michael Combs of the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office.