- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
Daniel Roy Sentenced to the Illinois Department of Corrections for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
October 3, 2019
DANIEL ROY SENTENCED TO THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS FOR FAILURE TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that Daniel L. Roy, 40, of Island Lake, Illinois, was found guilty of Failure to Register as a Sex Offender (Subsequent Offense), a Class 2 felony, following a negotiated plea before the Honorable Michael Coppedge.
Officers from the Crystal Lake Police Department conducted a compliance check into Roy’s residence after Roy registered as a sex offender. An investigation revealed that Roy was not living where he was registered, but was rather residing at a prohibited address that was located near a park.
Defendant will serve three (3) years in the Illinois Department of Corrections, pursuant to the plea.
This case was investigated by members of the Crystal Lake Police Department. This case was prosecuted by Robert Ladd of the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office.