- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
Jeffrey Hauck Found Guilty of Drug-Induced Homicide
September 27, 2019
JEFFREY HAUCK FOUND GUILTY OF DRUG-INDUCED HOMICIDE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that 33-year-old Jeffrey J. Hauck of Crystal Lake, Illinois, was found guilty, after a bench trial, of the offense of Drug-Induced Homicide, a Class X felony, by the Honorable Judge Robert Wilbrandt. Hauck will be sentenced on November 20, 2019 and faces between 6 and 30 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
This case centered around the overdose death of a 32-year-old victim who was found unresponsive on March 6, 2019 after ingesting Heroin and Fentanyl. An investigation in to the death by the Crystal Lake Police Department revealed that Hauck had travelled to the City of Chicago to purchase bags of Heroin that contained Fentanyl. Hauck brought those bags back to Crystal Lake and delivered the controlled substance to another individual who delivered it to the victim.
The investigation was led by Detective Eitel and was prosecuted by Mick Combs and Brette Dunbar of the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office.