- 22nd Judicial Circuit Continuity of Operations - Reestablishment Strategies dated 5-21-2020
- Administrative Order 2020-11 (5-21-2020) - 22nd Judicial Circuit Authorizing Circuit Court to Return 6-1-2020
- 22nd Judicial Circuit Press Release 5-21-2020: Illinois Supreme Court Modifies Order to Allow Circuit Courts to Resume
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 5-20-2020)
- Temporary Administrative Order - 22nd Judicial Circuit Continues to Operate Under Emergency Procedures (4-27-2020)
- McHenry County Administrative Order No. 2020-09 In Re: Illinois Courts Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (4-27-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-7-2020)
- Illinois Courts M.R. 30370 Response to COVID-19 Emergency/Impact on Trials (amended 4-3-2020)
- COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8
- Circuit Court to Hear Only Essential Mandated Services
Justice is Ethics and Truth in Action
Welcome to the website for the McHenry County State’s Attorney’s Office. It is the honor of a lifetime to represent the hardworking people of McHenry County as their State’s Attorney.
The McHenry County State’s Attorney's Office is a public trust, it belongs to and is paid for by you, the People. My job is to ensure that it is working on your behalf. Further, it is my job to uphold your confidence in our Office and the justice system. To do this, our daily goal is to be the most effective, ethical, and efficient state’s attorney’s office in the State.
I invite you to explore the site and see for yourself the many services we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call at (815) 334-4159. If you need to email court notices, please forward to [email protected].
State's Attorney News
Ryan Heineman Found Guilty of Two Counts of the Offense of Aggravated Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
February 26, 2019
RYAN HEINEMAN FOUND GUILTY OF TWO COUNTS OF THE OFFENSE OF AGGRAVATED DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Patrick D. Kenneally, McHenry County State’s Attorney, announces that 37-year-old Ryan Heineman of Spring Grove, IL, was found guilty after a jury trial for two counts of the offense of aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol.
On June 26, 2016 the defendant was found wandering on the side of the road on Route 12 in Spring Grove. The defendant’s crushed Jeep was smashed against a tree in a berm a short distance from the road and 33-year-old Tanya McDonough was found lying in a ditch. Ms. McDonough was pronounced dead on scene. The defendant was taken to the hospital where his blood was drawn and he was found to have an alcohol level of .131. The defendant admitted to law enforcement he had been drinking and he had injuries consistent with driver’s side seat belt impact contusions.
The defendant will be sentenced on April 5, 2019 at 1:30 pm. The sentencing range is 3 to 14 years in the department of corrections. Under truth in sentencing guidelines the defendant must serve 85 percent of any sentence he receives.
This case was investigated by the City of McHenry and Spring Grove police departments and prosecuted by Assistant State’s Attorney Michael Combs and Randi Freese.