Openings on the McHenry County Historic Preservation Commission
The McHenry County Board is accepting applications from individuals interested in appointment to the McHenry County Historic Preservation Commission
Five (5) positions will be available for appointment as follows:
- One (1) position with an expiration date of November 26, 2018;
- One (1) position with an expiration date of November 30, 2018,;
- One (1) position with an expiration date of November 26, 2020;
- One (1) position with an expiration date of November 26, 2021; and
- One (1) position with an expiration date of November 26, 2022.
Attorneys, architects, engineers, real estate professionals with knowledge of historic preservation, and individuals with a demonstrated interest in pre-history, history or architecture are encouraged to apply. Printable and online application forms are available via the link below. Completed applications should be returned to the County Board office and will be accepted until the positions are filled. If mailing your application, certified or registered mail is recommended. Mailed applications should be sent to the following address: McHenry County Board, 2200 North Seminary Avenue, Woodstock, IL 60098. You may also apply online via the link below.
For detailed information on how to apply, visit the following web page——
For information on the Commission's purpose, functions, and duties, please see the following——
- Historic Preservation Ordinance [pdf]
- Commission Bylaws (Rules and Procedures) [pdf]
- The Commission's web site
If you have any questions, you may also contact the Commission's staff liaison, Sean Foley, at 815-334-4215 or by email to: SMFoley@co.mchenry.il.us .