Outdoor Weather Event Exercise
- Date: 03/22/2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: McHenry County Mental Health Board
620 Dakota Street
Crystal Lake, Illinois 60012
- Introduction: This exercise is intended for decision making team members including local public safety officials, community event planners/organizers, elected officials and any other individual involved in outdoor event planning.
Return to full list >>
This eye-opening exercise demonstrates the need for all communities, in the interest of public safety, to have an effectively trained decision making team including a Weather Watcher for every outdoor community event.
- Identify NWS products and services that are available before & during special events
- Supplement special event incident commander's & Weather Watcher's interpretation skills of NWS products
- Selection & determination of special event shelter/evacuation times
- Provide an established process for monitoring weather conditions