Volunteer and gain some great experience!
Looking for some solid volunteer experience you can use to beef up your credentials? How about using your business professional background to help your fellow dislocated workers get back to work …
We continue to look for retired, current, or job-seeking business professionals who would be willing to share their time conducting the following activities:
- 1. One-on-one mock interview sessions.
- 2. Facilitation of an industry-related networking group (i.e., an offshoot of the Network to Success Job Club in a specific industry, such as IT, entrepreneurial, or the green industry).
- 3. Facilitation of our Computer Basics Lab (currently conducted every Friday afternoon), sharing very basic computer knowledge (guiding online job search activities, basic word processing, email set-up, etc.) with fellow job seekers.
If you are interested in gaining valuable experience that you can add to your resume, while helping fellow job seekers, please email Linda Kasprzak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through giving, you can get a lot back!
One-on-One Resume Critiques - Have you gotten good results from your resume? Do you need it critiqued? We have several business professional available on site to meet individually with Workforce Center customers. Schedule a half-hour time slot by emailing one of those professionals directly. Available times and contact information are shown on our Workforce Network Calendar. What our customers say:
- Was very helpful with great ideas to improve my resume.
- Very knowledgeable - I would definitely recommend it.
- Critique was most informative and useful, after being out of the job market for so long.
- It was excellent - thank you.
- I was able to get a good start on trying to achieve my goal.
- Excellent service - it really helped me focus.
Let Illinois workNet help you in your Job Search!
Let Illinois workNet help you bump up your skills! Register as an "Individual" customer at www.illinoisworknet.com. When logged in, click on Jobs on the top menu; then click on Skills & Interests on the side menu; then scroll to the bottom of the "Consider Your Skills" page to find free Basic Skills tutorials that will help you prepare for your next job!
Practice Interview is available to you on Mondays in our Resource Room! Interact with our new Practice Interview software program. Over 1,500 interview questions, answers and hints. For an appointment, call 815-338-7100, Ext. 203.
McHenry County Workforce Network provides an array of job search related services for McHenry County residents at the McHenry County Workforce Center. These free services are available to all County residents, 18 years of age or over, regardless of their employment status. Individuals can access a wide variety of resources to help them find employment, information about skills employers want, or career information.
In our Resource Room, individuals can conduct job search activities utilizing the latest computer technology. Resources available include Internet access, resume and cover letter writing programs, job/employer databases, ability to set up email accounts, and Microsoft Office tutorial software. The Career Information System provides current career information – growth rates, wages, in-depth job descriptions, training requirements, and training provider information. Assessments allow individuals to explore careers of interest.
Our Resource Room also contains over 500 books, magazines and area newspapers focused on job search and career information. Adaptive computer equipment is available for persons with special needs.
Job Seeker Services include:
- Free access to computers, Internet, fax machine, copier, and phone for job search activities
- Register skills on state job database
- Resume writing software and staff assistance
- Job search, career and networking workshops
- Education and training materials
- Determine eligibility for other WIA services
- Occupational skills training for eligible* individuals
*Customers interested in applying for our program can pick up Application Packets in our Workforce Center Resource Room or download documents from our department's home page. Please follow all directions given in the overview letter before you submit your application.
|Click on MCEDC's logo above to directly access Investor Member Company Job Board Links - linking you to job openings throughout McHenry County.|