The McHenry County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Commission has been established by the County Board. The CDBG Commission acts as representative body of elected officials and citizens to ascertain facts, recommend plans and programs, coordinate activities, set priorities for funding and undertake such other activities that may be necessary and appropriate to accomplish the purpose(s) of the CDBG grant, as approved by the McHenry County Board.
The CDBG Commission is comprised of a public-private partnership that represents a broad spectrum of stakeholders. All members shall be residents of and/or, employed in McHenry County, and/or serve as an elected or appointed official serving McHenry County, and shall be actively engaged in business in, or concerned with the welfare of the people in McHenry County. Voting-bloc membership shall consist of a nine (9), maximum of eleven (11) members comprised of the following:
1. One member of the McHenry County Board;
2. At least one (1) at large delegate from each of the County Board districts based upon place of residence, which include representation from among the following professions, associations or organizations: banking industry, McHenry County Association of Realtors, McHenry County Homebuilder Association, McHenry County Bar Association, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, building inspectors, architects, engineers;
3. Representation from township supervisors, township road commissioners and/or a municipality within McHenry County limited to a mayor (president), alderman/councilman (trustee) or administrator (manager).
Non-voting (ex-officio) membership shall include:
1. A representative from two (2) McHenry County service agencies,
2. A representative from the McHenry County Housing Authority.
Sue Draffkorn – County Board and Chairwoman term to expire 01/01/2013
Cathryn J Perfetti, (Ex-Officio) Housing Auth. term to expire 02/21/2015
Robert M Martens, Citizen at Large Dist# 4 term to expire 02/21/2014
Phillip E Bartmann, Citizen at Large Dist# 4 term to expire 02/21/2015
Paul S LaFleur, Citizen at Large Dist# 5 term to expire 02/21/2016
Robert J Miller, Algonquin Township Rep. term to expire 02/21/2016
C William Swenson, Citizen at Large Dist# 4 term to expire 02/21/2016
Roger Naylor, Coral Township Rep. term to expire 02/21/2015
Karen Lukasik, Citizen at Large Dist# 1 term to expire 02/21/2014
CD Suport Staff
Faith Taylor - Community Development Specialist
Interested in becoming a CDBG Commission member?
Please complete the application located on the County Board page with the announcement (click on the link below to be redirected). Thank you for your interest in the community and willingness to become involved.